Configure Infoblox Grid Manager for Use with Nevelex Labs' Security Flow
To configure Infoblox Grid Manager to work with the Security Flow Infoblox DDI Plugins versions v0.7.0 and higher, please follow the following instructions. These instructions define the basics for creating a RPZ and an Extensible Attribute for storing the Security Flow Incident ID number.
Infoblox provides a similar guide for setting up a DNS Firewall. Watch the following video to quickly learn how to configure Infoblox, configure an Infoblox DDI Plugin Instance, and add entries to a RPZ using a basic flow. However, the detailed configuration instructions are below.
Create a Local Response Policy Zone (RPZ)
- Navigate to
Response Policy Zones.
- Click on the '+' button to bring up the RPZ Wizard.
Add Local Response Policy Zoneand click
- Fill out the fields in Step 2 to define a Security Flow RPZ and click
Next. In this example,
securityflowis the name of the RPZ.
- Fill out the fields in Step 3 to define the DNS server(s) to use and click
Save & Close. In this example, a Name Server Group of
Optionally Define an Extensible Attribute
- Navigate to
- Click on the '+' button to bring up the Add Extensible Attribute Wizard.
- Fill out the fields in Step 1 to define a
StringExtensible Attribute and click
Save & Close. In this example, a
SecurityFlowattribute is defined.